Most people who know me know I love birthdays-- especially my own and I like to drag it into a week long celebration if I can. It works out the best when your birthday is in the middle of the week like mine was this year-- so I have had the best birthday week. My birthday was on Wednesday and I woke up to my awesome blog that Debbie wrote for me. It was really sweet of her and made me teary. I have the best in-laws and especially a great friend in Debbie! After I read the blog I took a nice warm bath and read my book club book. Then I got to meet friends for lunch at PF Changs, but before I left my birthday surprise from Randy came-- a grandfather clock-- I absolutely love it and have the perfect place for it! So then I had to jet to lunch. It was great because it was Callie's birthday too. I love having the same birthday as one of my best friends. We have a lot of birthday laughs and I am so blessed to have her in my life. Next up on the birthday agenda was a birthday party at the Grandma Bums house (the Ohran's). I topped the night off with an episode of So You Think You Can Dance. Yippee!
You would think that was plenty of celebration but Thursday I woke up and journeyed to Park City with Debbie for the day. We had a great time and found a few good bargains along the way. Then I came home and watched some US Open footage. For dinner we had Mag Fresh and watched the Celtics come from behind to humiliate the Lakers-- yay! Then I watched the tivoed results to SYTYCD! It was a great day!
Again-- birthday week not over. Randy had arranged for us to have Friday be the day he and I celebrate so he took the day off-- which was the best part of all! He had set up a massage for me-- heaven on earth! After that he had arranged for Chase to spend time at cousins and Grandmas house while we spent the day/ night together! We went golfing at Sleepy Ridge-- which I had never been there and found it to be a really fun course and I have to say I played pretty well-- in fact, I think I will start to prepare myself for the LPGA! I shot a 48-- I would have been better but my last 2 holes just did not cooperate with what I told them to do! Anyway, it was really fun! Then we headed up to SLC where we intended on spending the night but after dinner I suggested we save the money and go sleep in our own comfy bed. So we came home and sat in the hot tub and went to bed. (Chase still slept at Grandma's house). It was a fabulous night and reminded me of the old care free days we had so many of before. I have the best husband in the world. He is my best friend and takes the best care of me and Chase. He makes me laugh and I just always want to be with him! He is the best dad there is! Chase is the luckiest boy! It is hard to find a man that loves his family more than himself and wants nothing but the best for them and I got so lucky to have that in Randy! Thank you Randy-- I know this birthday week was for me but I want you to know how much I love and appreciate all you do for me. I am so happy! I hope you know that-- especially since tomorrow is Father's Day.
So you would think the parties are over by now but we got to meet our friends Monroe and Summer (and Monz jr) for dinner at Bombay House tonight and tomorrow my family is celebrating birthday/ fathers day! I just want to thank everyone who has spent this time with me because that is the reason I love this time so much-- another excuse to go to lunch or gather together and make new memories. Let the fun just never stop!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday! Glad I got to be a little part of it. Maybe next year someone will throw you a surprise birthday party and Callie can be the guest.
Sorry Jami I was at Camp and couldn't wish you a happy birthday! I just love you! I have so much fun being with you and talking to you. Everytime I am with you I think, why don't we get together every day? Your the best and I am so thankful for your friendship. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Let's get together and celebrate our birthdays together!
Sorry Jami I was at Camp and couldn't wish you a happy birthday! I just love you! I have so much fun being with you and talking to you. Everytime I am with you I think, why don't we get together every day? Your the best and I am so thankful for your friendship. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Let's get together and celebrate our birthdays together!
I admire you for loving birthdays so much. I actually like to avoid them. I don't love the fact that I'm getting older. Each year seems to go by faster than the one before.
Post a Comment