Monday, January 21, 2008

Where is the time going?


I cannot believe we are already almost through another month. Just to give you a quick update, Chase is recovered from his rsv thing but his sleep now is very spotty. He'll sleep really good then wake up and want tickles or me to hold him but the best is last night for the first time he woke up and needed to go potty so I took him and he woke up dry in the morning! He hasn't had an accident since Friday which we had a babysitter and he didn't quite make it-- which set him off and my mom had to come get him because he couldn't be consoled. He hates it when he has accidents. He just gets really upset with himself-- which I think is sad but it really helps his progress. I think I can honestly count all his accidents since day one on two hands.


Anyway, I am announcing that this is my first blog on our new computer with our newly installed high speed internet. I am loving it and excited to be able to get back to my "whenever I want" blog/ email thing!


And lastly, I have failed to mention our new church calling-- we are teachers in the primary. That will make 7 going on 8 years there. We got the CTR 6 and they are really cute kids. I do have to admit that I was not wanting the primary for sheer fact that the majority of my adult life has been spent there-- in fact I have almost spent the same amount of time as a child there now as I have an adult. But I am making it work and getting more excited about then at first. It is our own fault because we have moved sort of a lot and I tell you the primary leaders are pirhannas to newcomers in the ward so I wasn't shocked when we got the calling. But the bright side is it usually doesn't require too much work just a lesson each Sunday-- the biggest pain is finding subs when you are leaving town. At least Randy is my partner.


I am leaving you with a picture of Chase who was watching a movie and wanted his dinosaur and animals to watch too bundled up next to him with a blanket. Too cute!

6 comments:

Jana said...

Dang it! I was hoping this would be the ward where you could finally hold the title of Camp director. It could be worse, you could be the music leader for primary. I am not complaining, I just can't sing.

A. Schoonie said...

It is crazy how quickly the month is flying by. Glad that Chase is feeling better. The sick thing is no fun. Enjoy your new computer/internet!

Di and Justin said...

I feel your pain I just got moved from RS to primary......but Jana singing Director...oh now I would DIE I don't even know how to lead...let alone sing....
I did also use to have activities director..(mind you I never go to church activities) so I should delete the whole music director cause that might be next with my luck......

Shannon Martin said...

Yeah I am glad that you have your own computer and back to blogging-I have missed you!
Glad that the potty training thing is going so well and Chase is recovering....

kira said...

What a cute kid with his toys. And how fab he hates having accidents! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. And maybe you could lobby for music leader!! You know, really you should make up a calling of ward "Pep Leader." You would be great during the intermediate hymn! :)

Lewis News said...

I guess I'm one of those pirhanna primary presidency members that are always on the lookout for new teachers. It's true, we scan sacrament meeting each week looking for any new face that has moved into the ward, and then we snatch them up!!!