Saturday, January 26, 2008

Endorsement




So I have decided to just fully invest myself and come out and just say it-- I am going to vote for Obama if and when I get the chance in the general election. I wish I could in the primary-- and on Monday I will look into to see if it is not too late. The problem is I am not a registered democrat-- in fact I am not even a democrat. I am undeclared because I have felt very strongly about choosing the candidate not the party. I must say though in high school I was Young Republican President and on Orrin Hatch't Youth Advisory Committee. I have come a long way from my younger days and really don't align with a party. (In all fairness I do lean republican most of the time) But this day is different. I want a change i don't want the next 8 years to be another Clinton-- if you can imaginr if that were to happen that would mean that between the Bushs and the Clintons they will have run our country for 28 years. I also feel a strong connection to Obama. When he is speaking I can't take my eyes off him and I am just drawn to him and his family. They just seem charismatic and different then anything out there. So with that said-- I am for Obama! If he does not make the nomination I will be sad but I will have to reevaluate the candidates when that occurs. I am sure you will all be waiting for that endorsement then. Until then-- Go Obama!









6 comments:

Shannon Martin said...

I love that no one has commented yet, and I don't think I can comment yet because I can't stop laughing....glad you finally came out of the closet....

By the way how did I not know that you were the young Republican President?

kira said...

I am glad you came out as well! I really like Obama. I haven't made a decision yet, but I definitely am pulling for Obama on the democratic side. Huckabee has lost our intrigue over the last few months as well...

Terri said...

Way bold to name your candidate so soon. I'm still getting over the fact that Mitt got less votes in S.C. than Fred Thomson and Fred has already withdrawn..That's sad! Wendy, if you read this...please invite me to see your blog. What's the big idea? Come on, we're related, let me in!!! I'm so curious now..It's like an unlisted number. Who are you hiding from? Are you undercover?

Becky said...

Jamie - surprise!! I'm a blog crasher. I saw your blog listed on Wendy's and decided to take a glance at it. Wow!! I'm so proud that you are supporting Obama - so am I - we must be cousins or something - and for the record I am a registered democrat. We are still waiting for you to make a trip to Texas for that ball game - just let us know when - our door is always open!

Lizzy said...

So Jamie what happened to the young Republican President?

Di and Justin said...

I am glad I am not the only independent out there....