Thursday, January 24, 2008

3 Steps Forward-- one step back!

So a quick update on the potty training! I must say that he has been doing swell-- in fact I almost went so far as saying he was there but yesterday we had a set back-- I was busy cleaning, emailing, etc and neglected to ask him for awhile if he needed to go potty. I mistakenly thought that since he has been doing it on his own at home a lot of times without being asked I just got too comfortable. Anyway, he had an accident which I blame on myself. But maybe 45 minutes later he had a really small one again! Urgh! I feel like we are almost back to square one. Today we woke up dry (a whole week of waking up dry) so I was excited we were still dry at night I am really close to calling it quits with the pull ups now because they haven't been needed. Anyway, again I got busy and he had gone a little bit ago. Anyway, he calls me into his playroom and tells me he pooped! Urgh-- it is only his second #2 accident ever! Urgh! I just need people to tell me it is normal and we aren't regressing. I just need to keep reminding him right?

3 comments:

RiverGirl said...

Just ignore it he knows what to do.

I am an expert you know, 1 kid potty trained and all.

Sorry I didn't come over last night I was partyin' late!

Shannon Martin said...

Potty training is seriously the worst thing, I swear they do things like this on purpose to drive you nuts. Hang in there and don't give up!

kira said...

Don't give up yet. Accidents will always happen. And NO you never stop reminding them. I still make the kids go to the bathroom before we go somewhere. And whenever there is an opportunity while we are gone, I make them go. Always having to remind...wait....have I gone lately? No time. I'll go later. :)