Thursday, January 10, 2008

Potty Prisoner

So this week I decided to start the potty training process and it is going really well-- actually a lot better than I ever expected however, I have not really been leaving the house because I don't want to push my luck yet. We have not had any #2 accidents at all-- he has successfully done that 5 times on the potty and three of those times was without me helping him he just has been going there on his own. That being said I have just been letting him be naked on the bottem half of his body and that has really worked once I put underwear on him that is when he has had a few accidents but he is really seeming to get it and has started grasping the "hold it" thing-- I do have to say the hardest part is just that all I personally can think of is does he need to go potty-- even if he just went 5 minutes before! Please tell me it gets better! So that is the explanation of why it has been a few days of reading and writing blogs-- I have been held prisoner!

3 comments:

RiverGirl said...

I feel your pain.
It does get better.
One realization I had was they don't actually go as often as we think.
Good luck it gets better!

Wendy said...

It does get better! But when you first take him out in underwear, he'll have to go right away as soon as you are in the corner of Costco that is furtherst from the bathroom! Way to go Chase.

Lewis News said...

I remember having to stop on a side street in Pleasant Grove and getting Kodiak out of his seat to pee on the tire of our car. It gets easier for sure, but it still can take a long time for everything to be perfect...like a year and a half for Kodiak!