Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friday Night Lights

The cheering section
Lance is #24! He plays Wide Receiver for the Orem Tigers!
If you look closely you can see #24-- this was taken right after he scored his first touch down this year! (In all the excitement I was delayed in getting the camera out to take the picts!)
Chase before the game really got under way!
Chase after the game got under way. (We are telling him to tell everyone that they should see what the other guy looks like!)

So my nephew Lance is playing WR for Orem and our family is loving spending our Friday nights watching him! It makes the game so much more fun having somebody to route for! Anyway, last night they got revenge on the Timpanogos Twolves who beat them last year in a nail biter at home-- in their Homecoming nonetheless! But this year they returned the favor. It was a nail biter-- or so they say we had to leave at the fourth quarter due to the injury sustained on our son-- who is not on the team but wants to be. He and his cousins and other kids were playing their own game of football when Chase took a tumble. This is a pretty good war wound! Anyway, good job Lance-- keep it up!

6 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

Nice battle wound for Chase! Hope he is ok:) Way to go for your nephew!

Wendy said...

Poor Chase, ouch! Way to go Lance! I bet he is real fast. I told Nancy Whittingham to have Kyle take a look at him :)

Shannon Martin said...

Can I tell that your dad is a sports announcer? Hmmm...
That looks terrible! I hope he feels better. How fun to go watch Lance. Glad that you and your family are taking advantage of it.

Lewis News said...

It looks better in person...he will be fine! I know you are sick of hearing it..Vitamin E!

Brandon McBride said...

Oh my goodness CHASE! What a mark! That sounds and looks just like something Hewitt would do!!! We need to get them together. Seriously. You doing little gym this year? They have a sports class too. I think I might do both. let me know what you are thinkin, we are starting next week.

Mrs.Kerr said...

Wow--that does look like a game ending injury! Hoping to looks worse than it really is.
xoxo Bobbi