
Okay, so I have read all the books from the Twilight series (books about vampires) and I have never been a big fan. I have not really enjoyed them. They are usually a couple hundred pages too long and then they don't really end because she has to set you u p for the next sequel. I felt like Stephanie Meyers (author) was trying to be the next JK Rowling or something and I just was not sold. Now, I know I am in the rare minority on this one-- for some reason, almost everyone I know has enjoyed the series and on top of that find themselves in love with Edward (the romantic interest of the main character Bella). Needless to say, I have not really rooted for him either-- I rooted for her "other interest" Jacob. Well, to make a long rant short-- I am gearing up to read her fourth and supposed final installment of the series Breaking Dawn. It is 700 or so pages and I am dreading the read. From early reports of friends who have already finished it-- some are giving me the same review-- a little long but good-- and these are fans! Yikes I am in for it. Why read it you ask? Well, for one I would like to have an ending to the story and two-- if you know me at all, you know that I like to have and share my opinion and to be able to keep up with "the latest". So here goes. Wish me well. I will maybe give you a review after I am finished but keep in mind due to the lack of interest and length of book-- it may take a while! I will say that after thinking more and more about the characters and who I root for etc-- my bottom line is I don't like Bella. I also think both Jacob and Edward are to good for her-- and Edward is a vampire. We'll see if these thoughts change!

8 comments:
I am betting that you will have the same feelings toward this book as the last 3. I just finished it, do you need a copy to read?
I loved your blog. A lady at work has had me read them and I've had a really hard time getting through them. It's nice to find someone else who has felt the same way! I'm not crazy after all!! :)
I have had my copy for the last week. I mentioned to a girl in my ward that I didn't have one yet, and lo and behold she called me and said she picked one up for me at Costco, but it has been sitting on my night stand for the last week. I agree with you about Edward and Jacob, I think I like Jacob too, and for sure Bella is annoying and does not deserve the either of them, give me a break. She can whine all the day long, but I ain't listening to none of it.
Okay - okay, I had to pipe in because I'm a TOTAL Twilight freak! Maybe it's the writing style being geared towards teens - I actually get it and there isn't too much thinking to do :) I LOVE the books! The second actually wasn't my favorite. This last one was a bit off for me too. It was still good but I felt like Stephanie sort of pooped out at the end. Bummer! I'll still keep my vote for Edward and to be honest - I don't think anyone would ever be good enough for him! GO EDWARD :) Good luck with the book - I actually prefer the audio version - I can actually get things done :) I saw a cute twilight t-shirt for kids which I should get that said:
"My mom is a Twilighter, I don't know what that means but we're getting cereal for dinner."
Happy Reading :)
Okay - okay, I had to pipe in because I'm a TOTAL Twilight freak! Maybe it's the writing style being geared towards teens - I actually get it and there isn't too much thinking to do :) I LOVE the books! The second actually wasn't my favorite. This last one was a bit off for me too. It was still good but I felt like Stephanie sort of pooped out at the end. Bummer! I'll still keep my vote for Edward and to be honest - I don't think anyone would ever be good enough for him! GO EDWARD :) Good luck with the book - I actually prefer the audio version - I can actually get things done :) I saw a cute twilight t-shirt for kids which I should get that said:
"My mom is a Twilighter, I don't know what that means but we're getting cereal for dinner."
Happy Reading :)
Okay - okay, I had to pipe in because I'm a TOTAL Twilight freak! Maybe it's the writing style being geared towards teens - I actually get it and there isn't too much thinking to do :) I LOVE the books! The second actually wasn't my favorite. This last one was a bit off for me too. It was still good but I felt like Stephanie sort of pooped out at the end. Bummer! I'll still keep my vote for Edward and to be honest - I don't think anyone would ever be good enough for him! GO EDWARD :) Good luck with the book - I actually prefer the audio version - I can actually get things done :) I saw a cute twilight t-shirt for kids which I should get that said:
"My mom is a Twilighter, I don't know what that means but we're getting cereal for dinner."
Happy Reading :)
I think I am the only one is Utah that has not read these books. By your review I guess I am not missing out.
Hmm. Just finished the book. Not impressed! Just thought you should know! Let me know when you finish it!
Post a Comment