So we have had a tough week. Chase has been a champ but he just doesn't feel good so we have been trying to get him as comfortable and happy as possible. We are going to have some bad habits to break him of. We have let him sleep in our bed all week which has been our number one no no since day one-- our sleep is just too important but this week we made an acception and it is going to be really interesting to see how we get him to go back to his lonely bed. We also have been putting up with every whine and request which is understandable but I have a feeling he may be getting used to it. Nonetheless-- life goes on and so we were lucky enough to have Chase start to be feeling somewhat better yesterday. We gave him motrin instead of the stronger prescription pain meds and it seemed to cut out the tiredness and whineyness-- so we followed through with the decorating of the eggs (with the help of Griffin and Caleb) and this morning we saw that the Easter Bunny had hidden the eggs for him. He found his basket filled with a few chocolate easter eggs and a Buzz Lightyear kite-- I am sure the Easter bunny would have left more candy such as the classic jelly beans but he remembered Chase still needed to eat softer things.
I hope you all have a happy easter. Things seem to be looking up over here-- slowly but surely we are getting through. I am just grateful for Chase's health and that all is well. I am known for quoting things I see on Oprah and the other day she had a fanily on that had just discovered their daughter had cancer and their whole lives were changed. It was so sad but it mad me realize how lucky I am that tonsils are the worst of it. We are really blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father every day! I am grateful for his life and for his sacrifice in death for me and my family. This is a great time to remember that sacrifice. Happy Easter everyone.

7 comments:
Wow--- am I ever behind on things at the Ohran home. Didn't know about the surgery. Glad all is okay. By the way---sweet tub. I'm still hoping to get down soon to see the rest of your house. You sound crazy busy and like life is great for you. Jump in the car and come to Logan one of these days.
We're off to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Cairo on April 3---
so we'll be in touch when we return. Let's hook up!
Thank goodness for blogs.......I don't feel quite so left out.!
xoxobobbi
Wendy--if you are reading this please reinvite me to your blog spot. I keep trying to get on, but no go.
xoxo bobbi
Happy Easter Ohran Fam! Hope that Chase continues to feel better this week:)
Glad Easter was fun. Good luck with the breaking of bad habits. When my kids are sick I always give into whatever as well. I am just glad that each day is getting a little better. I am looking forward to pictures of Chase and Jami out using the new kite!
Sounds like a successful easter...and the Ohran party only provided one Chase-Cooper fight. That was a miracle itself! Kodiak is SO looking forward to Chases birthday party. He's asked me about 5 times today already...gonna be a long week for the kid!
Poor little guy! Hope he has a better week this week!
Jamie- I am soo sorry to hear about Chase.. that is the worst having to have him go through that... hope he gets doing better...don't worry I do the same thing.. but I usually am sleeping in w/ them on the floor....Let me know if there is anything I can do.. sorry didn't know sooner.. have been out of the blogger world for a bit...
di-
Post a Comment