Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Day After

The before shots
With tonsils
Home with popcycles and movies and his new puppy
Without tonsils-- and lots of ice cream/ popcycles to replace them!

So we are alive and still going strong. Chase's surgery went great. We thought we were in for it when we checked in and they did some blood work by pricking his finger and extracting blood from his tiny prick and he was devastated and it took us a half an hour to get him composed again. So we were thinking we were really in for it but once they brought him back from the surgery he was a little sad and crying but I held him and he went back asleep for an hour and woke up pretty happy. They gave him a popcylce which made his day and juice then sent us on our way. He was spoiled by his grandparents-- one set of grandparents ( Grandma & Grandpa Bum) gave him a couple movies and a cool matchbox car toy thing which he slept with and the other grandparents (Grandma & Grandpa Chrissy) bought him a fur real puppy and kitty cat-- which he also slept with. Yesterday continued to be great but we have been warned that the worst days are days 3-5 so not really looking forward to that. Today he has been a champ. He has been pretty happy other then when we have to give his meds-- he hates that and it usually ends with both of us crying. Anyway, so far so good. Thanks for all your well wishes!

8 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

Glad it is going well. Kids are amazingly resilient!

Lewis News said...

Chase looks so cute in that small hospital gown...we hope all goes well and a speedy recovery with successful days 3-5!

RiverGirl said...

That is so great. I hope you are ok too! It is definately hard to see your kid go through something like that.

Wendy said...

He looks great, almost like he is having too much fun! Hope you survive the next few days!!

Jana said...

I am so glad everything went OK, and just wait when he feels better he will be wondering if he can get his tonsils out again because of all the presents and popsicles. I hope that days 3-5 are not too bad for the both of you. As parents we would much rather go through it ourselves then see them go through it.

Kallas Family said...

What a little trooper!! I can't believe he had to have his tonsils out! He is too little

Shannon Martin said...

I am glad that everything went well! He looks so happy!

kelly said...

When I was a kid I wanted to get my tonsils out. I think this was because on TV the kids always got a lot of ice cream. Glad the experience had been positive thus far.