So we're back from an amazing girls trip to New York City. Callie, Shannon, and I flew from
SLC to meet Kira who flew from her home in the UK. We had not seen Kira in 2 and a half years so it was a much needed catch up and reconnect. We had so much fun and it felt just like the old days. As far as all the things we did I would have to say the key word would have to be shopped. I had a very detailed agenda scheduled for us but we veered off it quite a bit. We just kept shopping and talking and eating. As far as the sights go we saw everything from the double
decker tour bus. We did go to Battery Park to view the Statue of Liberty and we did go the Met Museum-- which I have never done. We walked Times Square a bunch and took in a show-- Wicked. We were thinking of another show or a temple session but when we decided to do the temple we learned that 5:30pm was the last session and it was 5 when we discovered this news and so we did not think we could get there in time. Next time we will be a little smarter. We walked quite a bit and the weather was cold-- a fact that Shannon constantly reminded us about-- but other than that we enjoyed every minute together possible. I am so thankful to them for going and feel so lucky to have them all as my friends. They have each meant so much to me and feel a better person for having known them. (Much like a song from Wicked-- For Good).
Now-- most people will not find this funny but I had to write some of the memorable statements and things down so that I can remember them:
Shannon-- "Green Man"
"How many Blocks is it?"
Shannon and her
pashmina that snagged and Kira telling her that she can't wear it with jewelry and Shannon asking why not and Jami telling her "I think you just found out why not."
When Shannon tried to exit out the subway through an entrance turn stile.
Callie-- discovering her love for purses and namely Canal Street. (Jami and Callie went three times!-- Twice with the group and another just before we left to get a few more things we decided we needed).
Callie laying out all her stuff each night on the bed then admiring it all with a huge smile.
Callie learning how to take a compliment.
Kira-- Getting right to business on Canal Street and approaching the store clerks about the Coach, Gucci,
Prada, etc hand bags.
Her energizer bunny attitude with very little sleep.
All of us-- after waiting for Kira in the airport we were approached by our driver who took us to his parked van for what seemed like forever away-- but we did make it safe-- even if he dropped us off at the wrong Marriott! The tour we took uptown and seeing all the awesome sights of our tour guides life--
ie where his kids went to school, the shout out to his friend who just recently opened the pub conveniently placed on his route and the wave to his dog. The lovely walk from the Met to the 5
th Ave shopping-- it was a little longer then anticipated and due to the bumpy pavement I took a few spills.
I know there seemed to be endless memories from this trip but I guess this will have to do.

Our visit to the Statue of Liberties.

Wicked and the infamous red church bag.

Times Square

Callie and her babies-- all six of them.

Us on the subway.

Sorry Shannon-- had to include my favorite picture in the bunch with her killer
pashmina-- literally.

Callie meeting Jackie Kennedy
Onasis-- and the purse with the zipper that took a year to zip up!

The real Statue of Liberty is in the distance if you look really really close.

The one and only picture I took on canal street even though the majority of the trip was spent there. (Notice Callie buying another purse.)

Wicked.
7 comments:
You got me laughing so hard I am crying again!
You guys are awesome for doing this! I love girl's trips and you can't beat them! So fun!! I love New York and can't wait to go back!!
It was great. I am finding that I have more patience with my kids this week than I did last week. A much needed break for all of us!
Are you knocking my awesome trick zipper? That was such a fun fun trip. Maybe every 5 years is going to be too long. We will have to readjust! Thank you for organizing all of this!! You are the best.
How fun! I want to come next time.
Looks like a fun trip, although its not a great trip to NYC unless you get mugged. I loved living there. Good times.
Taylor
Looks like loads of fun!!!
Post a Comment