Monday, May 19, 2008

Oops, I Did It Again!


(This is the best picture of the new purchase but ours has a couple other features!)

So I have been dreaming of this waterslide/pool thing at Costco since they have had it there. Everytime I go there I see it and want it but have resisted the urge. Today, I gave into that urge-- it was a very hot day and when I saw it there it was the last one and it had our name all over it! I have resisted the urge because it was so expensive but I took the plunge and thanked the government for the stimulus package they are sending us and put it right back into the economy-- or that is how I am justifying it.

But the story doesn't end there. It was heavy and gigantic in my cart and as I was walking to my car Chase went right in front of the cart and I ran over his foot. He cried and I comforted him and I thought he was okay but then he wouldn't walk on it. So after a two hour nap I thought I was out of the woods-- nope, he woke up crying and wouldn't walk on it. So I called the doctor and he looked at it and said he thought-- yep, it was fractured. He sent us to get an x-ray to be sure which was fine because my mom is an x-ray technician and she got to do the honors. After all that I was convinced it was broken and the x-ray came back with no broken bones! Yay! It seems to be just a deep contusion and the doctor said if he isn't jumping on the bed by Thursday we should let him know.

I feel horrible that I am the cause of his pain. He is such a rambunctious child and into everything so who would have guessed his first almost crisis would be at my hands. Once we got him home and put some motrin in him he has started limping on it so I feel much better about things. The good news is we get to keep the waterslide-- if his foot had been broken I would have had to take it back-- it isn't much fun to play with broken bones.

17 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

The waterslides are a lot of fun! We setup ours up this past weekend and the kids loved it! I will post some pictures. You will enjoy it.
Glad that Chase is ok. That is sad...I feel for you and him. Been there, done that...it makes you feel awful when you cause the accident.
Ashlie

Brooke said...

are you kidding me...that is crazy! that thing looks like a lot of fun. I will be over a lot to play on that thing.

Kimberly said...

Looks like we are coming to your house for the summer!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kallas Family said...

I have seen that at costco and Owen keeps telling me that when we move to Utah that he wants to get it. It looks amazing!!

Jana said...

Holy crap.

Jana said...

I was just wondering, does the "oops, I Did it Again!" refer to hurting your child or buying gigantic water slides.

jlohran said...

Jana-- I was referring to another impulsive purchase. But I can see where you can infer that I buy lots of waterslides or injure my child.

Crystal Star said...

You naughty girl buying such a big item that ends up hurting Chase. That's a funny story that will last long past the slide. Enjoy it this summer!

Shannon Martin said...

So in the excitement of the waterslide you forgot to tell me about Chase. Poor kid, glad that nothing is broken. I am sure that Chase will forgive you as you are the "fun mom", can't wait till it warms up I have a box of otter pops I can bring over!

megan said...

I saw this too and had that same urge. I might give in too. I better hurry things like that don't last at costco. Way too much fun and no crypto like the public pools. Glad his foot was not broken. I am sure he already forgot that it happened.

Anonymous said...

I purchased a slide similar to this one last year. I paid $399 on it's already tearing at the seams. The slides are made of a PVC Tarpuline and don't reapir easily...especially on the seams. The bad news is that once the seams start to release, the pool doesn't hold water. You get excess water spliing over the sides, hard to keep the water up to a safe level. not a good investment for the short time it lasted... one season folks! Try to get ahold of the manufacturer, or re-seller should I call it. They are made in China.

Jana said...

I don't know who deedee is but they sure took all the fun out of the water slide.

jlohran said...

I was thinking the same thing!

kira said...

sorry... i go by dee dee sometimes. someone has to be on slide patrol. who knew Chase was crying over a broken foot----didn't you tell me "he's fine" when I asked why he was crying? :) Glad everything is ok--wish I could come play! Maybe if your slide is still intact next summer.

Shannon Martin said...

By the way love your newest addition of the book in the corner, is this a subtle hint so I will stop asking what the book is over and over. And the good news is that I have this book and started it about a year ago, guess I just have to finish it!

Wendy said...

How fun!! Sorry about Chase, glad your mom was able to take good x-rays of him and glad it wasn't broken.