Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Days to Mom and Dad!

So this week my dad celebrated his 57th Birthday and of course Mothers Day is tomorrow-- so in their honor I am wishing them happy days!

Dad: I have come up with the Top 10 Things Anybody Can Overhear You Saying:
  1. I've got an idea that is going to make us a million bucks. (Some are fantastic like his idea for a footlocker before there was footlocker-- some not so great like the Battle of the Bands post American Idol).
  2. That was my last broadcast. (In reference to his UVU announcing that he thinks he will be giving up every year-- I am sure one of these years he will).
  3. I don't even care about it. (This time in reference to professional sports-- he'll give you all the contraversial scandals and tell you he hates the pros-- but then can spout off anything you need to know about it).
  4. Let the dog out. (Okay-- this is just about every Tuesday and every time he is out of town!)
  5. Don't tell your mom. (I haven't heard this from him in awhile but there usually means that he purchased something she won't approve of.)
  6. I am going to give... (My dad is one of the most generous people on earth and seems to be always giving things to either his family, friends, or strangers.)
  7. Unbeleivable. (His phrase)
  8. Randy, Brian, Matt, Lance, Tyler! (This usually comes before a favor he's about to ask them).
  9. I don't even know why you have a phone-- you never answer it. (Curtesy from Brooke and Beckie)
  10. You've gotta try this. (He is know for his great cooking but you can also hear this from some random food he has discovered. He gets really excited about it and usually buys it for the next few weeks.)

Anyway, Dad-- I love and appreciate you and think you're the best! Happy Birthday!

To my mom and mother-in-law! I am so lucky to have you both in my life. I have learned so much from you and at the risk of sounding cliche-- I can only hope I can be a tenth as amazing as you both. Love you tons!

(Again, my scanner isn't set up yet-- maybe for my mothers day gift I can get that up and running but-- pictures are to follow shortly!)

Happy Mothers Day to you all!

3 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

Hi Jami -
Your trip to NY looks like it was a lot of fun! Your list to your dad was too funny...it made me think of all the little things that my dad says that we laugh about!
Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Ash

Wendy said...

I can just hear Steve as I am reading this!

Brooke said...

I promise I wrote my post before I read yours so don't think I copied. love ya