Friday, January 28, 2011

Girls Retreat 2011







So my annual girls retreat was last week in Queens Creek, Arizona at my amazing friend Shanda's home. Every year friends from my BYU married ward get together to catch up, talk, eat, shop, and just plain have fun-- well this year was no exception! We had a blast-- probably my favorite one so far! We did our usual things but this time we ended our trip with a good old fashioned hoe down at a local cowboy restaurant called San Tan Flats! It was so much fun. Before going there Shanda took us to her mom's house where she dressed us up head to toe in over the top western gear! Needless to say when we walked in it felt like Halloween-- but we ate it up and just let loose. After we ate we hit the dance floor and did a line dance that Shanda had taught-- and all eyes were on us-- it was like we were the paid entertainment. I have not acted that silly since college. It was so much fun! I am so glad I went-- I even got to leave Tess for the weekend while my amazing husband watched the kids. Too bad I came home more tired then rested seeing how we talk all night long rather then sleep! All so worth it! These girls are so amazing and all so eclectic. I learn so much from them every year! They inspire me to do better, be better, and feel better! Thanks ladies for another great retreat!



2 comments:

Brooke said...

k totally didn't know you were gone. what a bad sister I am. looks like fun!

Lewis News said...

you are right. I don't think the pictures can even paint the whole scene for that night of dancing!