Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's a Surprise







So yesterday we threw Caleb a surprise 11th birthday party! He had no idea-- I cannot believe that the 15 kids invited to the party did not blow it-- and even more surprised that my own son Chase kept it secret! We, however, did not tell Grif either-- everyone thought it best he not know-- he can't be trusted! Anyway, we had it at my house and we played Minute to Win It like at Christmas time and it was a hit! Then we opened presents and had Caleb's favorite chocolate Texas sheet cake and ice cream. I intend to post his reaction just as soon as I learn how to download it from my phone-- but I will just say that it was very anti climatic because he just stared at everybody then kept looking at Kelli-- I think he was a little embarrassed but he loved it! And now I have Griffin telling me I'm throwing him a surprise party now-- huh? The party was great-- if the day hadn't been marred by Brian's bulging disc/ neck surgery and Tessa's first ever fever/ sore throat it would have all been just perfect-- as it was we were dealing with surgery schedules and a run to the pediatrician. Tess is fine-- just a really bad sore throat and a fever that even infant medicine isn't bringing down much. So we are watching it close but as of today we feel we finally have a handle on it! Good times-- don't you think?

No comments: