Sunday, March 29, 2009

We are the Champions!







Yesterday our wards men's basketball team won the REGION championships! They went undefeated for their season and had a great time doing it! Randy, my dad, and Dave all participated! It was really fun going and watching and sitting with the other wives and chit chatting as well! Now--I have to be honest and remind you that our victory came in large part to the very talented 6-10, former all star for the UV team in Dave! No one could stop him! The team they beat in the final game came close-- they too had a former UV player on their team named Peter Brown, and Dave fouled out with 3 minutes to go and we were only up 6! Yikes! But after a little bit of a scare the rest of the team pulled together to maintain the victory! Yay!
On a minor side note I do have to admit to a little skirmish on the sidelines that I participated in... one of the other teams fans yelled really loud for our team to shut up and play (which I found odd since I thought their team was the bigger complainers but I digress) so I turned around and told him, "Hey, let's keep this nice. that wasn't cool and pretty rude!" He didn't appreciate my concern and told me basically to stay out of it with an explicative laid somewhere in there. I, then, got a little more miffed because swearing at me is not something that I can be nice in return so I told him in no uncertain terms to lighten up or leave because he is not welcome if he can't be nice here. We don't appreciate the attitude etc. Anyway, that is pretty much where it stopped but I was even more ecstatic when we won to say the least! I do feel bad though! I really wish I would have just ignored it from the start! Live and learn.
One more side note-- I thought a reminder of who Dave is-- he is the guy who is our "brother" who lives in the basement of my mom and dad!



1 comment:

A. Schoonie said...

awesome! at least you didn't get kicked out!