Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Buddy!

This is one of Chases friends who did not want to be near Jack Sparrow but wanted to see Cinderella!
Chase in heaven!




All the many friends who came to Chases party!




His cake! (Albertson's in case you are wondering!)
So Chase turned the big 4 yesterday! And I must say that I am sad. I totally HATE it! I keep telling him to stop growing. I truly would freeze time right now if I could. He is just the best kid who is my best buddy! I love him so much! Anyway, for a long time he has been saying he wanted a pirate party and so happily I agreed and have been somewhat planning it for over a month now. I knew parties were a lot of work but I must say this may be his last one at our house! It was a lot of fun but it was crazy! I also must say that my pictures do not do it justice-- my mom took lots with her camera so if I can I will download more from hers! So-- we played gamesand went on a treasure hunt-- the highlight was the end of the hunt where they found a treasure pinata but they also discovered our special guests Jack Sparrow and Cinderella. Most of the kids were thrilled but there were a few kids who were very skeptical and really nervous about the visitors. I need to thank Lance for his arranging the guests-- it all started by me asking him to show up and that I would pay him but he decided he knew a better fit for the job and also asked if we wanted Cinderella to come along and of course I said yes. Thank goodness I did because the girls were the one very nervous about Jack but all of them LOVED Cinderella. (Note: one of the pictures above was one of them deathly afraid of Jack and looks a little leery in the picture because Jack was nearby taking a photo with someone else.) After the visitors said their goodbye we opened presents and blew out the candles. Then I let them eat dirt. (Ice cream covered with crushed Oreos made to look like dirt!) They thought that was pretty crazy-- until Chases friend Dallin yelled, "Hey, it's not dut, it's oeos" (didn't say the r sound). Very cute! I thought it was a fitting end for an April Fools Pirate Party!
Now that it is over, I am definitely in recovery mode! All in all it was a success. It will be fun to see what he wants for his birthday next year!



7 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

Are you kidding me? What a FUN FUN party! I need an invite next year :) Happy Birthday Chase!

Codi said...

Oh Iris would be so jealous! I love his pirate costume. I can't believe that they are getting so old either. It is not fair.

Shannon and Kevin Mills said...

His party looks so fun ... but I bet is was lots of works, everyone will be trying to top it.

A. Schoonie said...

Happy Birthday Chase! It's the best to have a little buddy. I sure love mine as well and time does go by way too fast.

Jana said...

Thanks for inviting us! The kiddos had a lot of fun and I had a great time watching you get stressed out. I still can't believe you had Jack Sparrow and Cinderella come. I hope my kids enjoyed it because they will never have guests come to their party, their mom is too cheap. Good job Jamie!

Lewis News said...

That was an AWESOME party...and I know you'll think twice before doing it again in the next 5 years! It's a ton of work, but worth it!

kira said...

Way to go! I love the pictures. You really know how to throw a party! I love the guests coming---that is just too fun. Yo ho!