Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission


(This is only one half of the room-- the other half had just as many!)

So yesterday his call came in the mail-- funny thing is that it came to the neighbors house so when they checked the mail we did not think it came. Then the neighbor called saying that he had something that looked fairly important that was in his mail box! Anyway, we were all so anxious to see where he was going that we decided to make a party out of it! Lance and Tyler had half of Orem high and the other half were many family members and neighbors! Kelli had ordered 25 pizzas and bought lots of costco treats. I made a fruit pizza and brought over a map that everyone could make their guess of where he was going! When the big moment arrived to open it we were all gathered in their living room listening to him pronounce the city-- Tampico, Mexico! Apparently it is a coastal city/ state in Mexico right on the Gulf. It looks extremely pretty and is said to be a tourist spot even though I had never even heard of it! I am sure he may have a few accidents "falling" into the water. He will be Spanish speaking and reports July 29th! We will miss him greatly! I am so proud of him and think he will be an amazing missionary. He is a great example to his family and to us. He is a hard worker with a great heart! It will be tough for us to be without him for 2 years but we are excited for his fun adventure that he is about to pursue! The people of Tampico are very lucky!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

25 pizzas! Wow, that's a lot of people who love Tyler! Congrats, I'm sure he will do great.