So this week has been sort of crazy. It was the high school basketball state tournie all week which kept us busy as Lone Peak fans. They were going for their third straight state title which made the week that much more exciting. Unfortunately, they lost in the championship game to West Jordan. I must say that ever since Quincy became the coach we have not really learned much about losing. Especially as of late. It was definitely unexpected but it will only make those victories in the future that much more meaningful. Despite the loss they had a tremendous season and we are so proud of Quincy. With him as the coach you know we will always have a fighting chance be back on top!
Another big family news story of the week was that my mom was diagnosed with Diabetes. At first we thought it was Type II, which is normally the case for her age but upon further tests and exams with her doctor he told her that it was Type I and that she will be insulin dependant. This has been a rough week for her. She is a little shell shocked with this new way of life and I am so proud of my mom, my dad, and my sister Kelli for doing all they can to learn all about the carbs to "units" ratio etc. It is good to see everyone rallying behind her to help her change her life and I am sure it will change ours as well.
9 years ago

6 comments:
Wow! You guys have had a busy week! Type 1 diabetes is NO fun. Please let her know we'll keep her in her prayers. Maybe she and my little Chlo can go to a carb counting class together :) Wish her the best for us!
Jam, I am sorry what a rough week. Sounds like we could both use some "Jami" "Shannon" time. What have you got going on this week?
I'm sorry to hear about your mom--but I'm sure she will do great. That is unusal that it is Type I, has it gone undiagosed for a long time or is it just coming up? Sorry to hear about the state tourney loss, but what an accomplishment to get there 3 years in a row.
Hey Jami,
Give your mother our best and let her know we are thinking about her OK. Doran & Amy
By the way, Cami leaves next Monday for Tacloban. She is ready to leave the MTC.
Oh! I love your mom and am so sorry! Life sucks sometimes but I hope she will be ok. Hopefully she will get the insulin levels in control and start feeling good.
I actually watched some of the b-ball game the other night. Bummer that they lost. Also, I hope that your mom is doing ok. That can be quite a change. My dad has type II and I know the changes he had to make. Nice that she has lots of support.
I am pretty sure Noelle was able to get into preschool. Thanks again for the information/referral.
Post a Comment