
One of his many funny faces.

The only family photo we got. (mind you Chase was on his third or fourth cupcake-- I lost track. What sugar will do to motivate!

The Ohran immediate family-- missing Steve and Bill who were unable to make it.


You can't tell here but us the three of us ladies all had the same skirt.

One of the few I got of the actual ceremony-- since Chase was being a camera hog.

Well, today was the big day. Dave and Rox tied the knot. Everything went pretty much according to plan-- everything except the ring boys part. I will say in his defense he was raring to go at the start but we had gotten there a couple hours earlier to help and to do a run through and by the time the wedding got started (a slight delay in getting started) the new tux and the "important" duties of the ring boy had lost their lustre. He was becoming very uncooperative and we were really wondering what kind of a show he was going to put on for everyone-- and, well, he did not disappoint. Once it was his turn to walk down the stairs and down the aisle he refused to go. I can still see his precious face sticking through the banisters of the stairs as I am pleading with him to come down and he was just shaking his head no. So, I inevitably had to walk myself up the stairs and escort him down with some prodding and a little force. He, luckily, came with me with not much further drama-- other then a slight fall on one of the steps. Once he got in place standing next to his dad he immediately began entertaining himself and the rest of us in the audience with his "funny faces". (Oh, this was after he was twirling the ring pillow and the rings fell to the floor.) Once he decided the funny faces were a hit he kept it up-- which I decided to mistakenly take a picture. After that he left his post because he just had to see the picture I took-- thanks to digital cameras. Then he decided he could come up with other funnier picture insisting I take more. Oh what joy. I must say he was doing all this action without disrupting the event. I did not get to see much of the actual wedding due to my personal distraction but it was beautiful and so great to see them get married. I have to say that I realized afterwards just how many others were entertained by Chase and one even gave the comment that he did his job by keeping it interesting. Lucky for us the bride and groom have a sense of humor and almost expected this when they asked Chase to be the ring boy-- especially since I warned them. All in all it was a great day. We are so happy for them and love them both so much! Thanks for letting us be a part of the wedding party and here's to many years of wedded bliss!
6 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!!! That is so funny. I would have been laughing my head off. Too bad I wasn't there. Are those skirts from Downeast? I love them!
I love your shirt! And Chase also is very cute! He reminds me of you.
Looks like a fun family event! I am sure Chace will love reading this story someday!! A wedding always needs some entertainment I think.
Yeah Roxanne. I'm glad you are just the little match maker jam.
So what is the book for this month. I forgot and keep checking your blog for my reminder.
Yeah Roxanne. I'm glad you are just the little match maker jam.
So what is the book for this month. I forgot and keep checking your blog for my reminder.
Congrats! You have another great sister in law.
Post a Comment