Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Biggest Mistake


For Christmas this year-- Chase got a Pirates of the Caribbean Lego set that has a bazillion pieces. Lately, whenever Chase goes to his grandma's house he LOVES to play with the legos-- so we decided to get his own set for here. In doing this we made two mistakes-- one was getting a set that has a specific purpose like a pirate ship (Grandma just has a box of legos that you use your imagination to build whatever you want), and the second mistake was actually following through with the idea to purchase. If you can't tell by the pictures this thing contains a ton of pieces, some even undetectable to the naked eye. I think half of those ones have ended up in my vacuum but really? I have a really deep feeling this toy may mysteriously disappear like the annoying Hungry Hippo Game did last year. (Yes, a fun game but to my kid those marbles were to irresistible to leave in the box-- oh and the heads of the hippos just never seemed to stay on the actual hippo.)

3 comments:

Mel said...

It is hard to pick out the right toys sometimes. I hate toys that have lots of pieces. I bought a lego container that holds all the boys legos & their guides. But when they were chase's age I just didn't want them! Too many pieces lost and all over the place...Good luck with that!

A. Schoonie said...

gotta love those million piece toys! good luck with the disappearing act...it seems like it is always those toys that they immediately notice when they are gone!

Kimberly said...

We did that too! Years ago. I guess the over 600 parts sign on the front should have been a clue... The boys are 11 now and they love it! Pack it up and save yourself some $$ in a few years!