Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Favorite Recipe

Not much has been happening lately so I decided to post my most favorite recipe that I make! The weather has really cooled down here we even had our first snow the other day so I have been really into soups. Anyway, my favorite soup is corn chowder. While I was at USU I lived with my cousins/aunt, uncle and they had the best recipe ever so here it is:

Ingredients:
4-5 medium potatoes
1 yellow onion
1lb bacon
2 cans cream style corn
1 can chicken broth
4 cups milk
1/2 c flour
1 cube butter

Directions:
Peel and cube potatoes then bring to boil. While potatoes cook sautee diced onion. Then start the white sauce. Melt the butter and add flour and onion. Then gradually add milk. Bring to a boil and bubble until thick. Then add chicken broth, again bubble until thick. Meanwhile cook the bacon. Dice the bacon then add the drained potatoes, creamed corn, and bacon to white sauce. Makes quite a bit which is great for left overs!

Hints-- as for the bacon I buy the kind you cook in the microwave-- a little expensive but it is frozen so you can make this at anytime if you keep these ingredients on hand and it saves another messy pot. I also serve with cheese bread--yummy! Questions feel free to comment! Good luck and I promise it is the best!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Yum!! I will have to try it. How are you these days??? Your house is just gorgeous. Take pictures when you are done. Love you!!

Shannon Martin said...

It really is the best, she made it for me the other night! And I actually bought the stuff at the store today to make it some time this week. Thanks for the recipe, now I don't have to call!

Crystal Star said...

Yummmmm... Jami, I'm going to do it tommorow. I have to make corn bread anyways so might as well keep with the corn thing :) I just don't have bacon. Hmmm... maybe ham would work.