Friday, April 1, 2011

King of the Day




The day finally arrived-- the day Chase got to be King of the Day! He's been looking forward to this day since he entered kindergarten. It's the day when he gets to be in charge. He got to be the teachers helper and decide who does what. We also make a poster about him and he gets to use a pointer to explain to the class each picture. Then he gets to choose three people who get to ask any question about him. He chose Christian-- who asked him what his favorite season is: winter (really? Uh, I don;t think so). Then he picked Austin who asked what his favorite ice cream was: vanilla (uh-- again, I don't think so I'm pretty sure that when we take you to the ice cream store you usually pick rainbow sherbet-- but whatever), then he picked Fisher who asked do you like to sled: yes (and yes, he does). Then he brought cookies to share for later that day. Oh Chase-- you are a character. I just love this kid! He is the best! Some quick facts about Chase to remember: He LOVES school. He was sick one day and cried when I told him he had to stay home. He LOVES his teacher and his classmates. He especially loves recess and Monday's because that's computer lab day (and don't call it computers-- it's computer lab day) which is another great thing about Chase-- he loves to correct you when you are wrong-- hmmm not sure where he gets that from (because we are never wrong to correct one another). He is very tender hearted and loving. He has many friends and worries about others. He is sensitive too-- if you hurt his feelings he still gets pretty upset (teary) and demands an apology-- we'll see if we grow out of this stage in the next year! He is my best buddy and the BEST helper. He loves his little sister. He thinks it's pretty great making her laugh so it is a huge asset when I am trying to get something done, I just ask Chase to make her laugh! He is very active-- loves anything outdoors but he also can occupy himself nicely indoors playing his ds or the wii or computer games (we've lost too many puffles from Club Penguin to count). He LOVES his family, wrestling with dad, hanging out with mom, and anything with cousins and grandparents! We just love our little monkey. And even though I keep begging hm t stop growing he insisted on having another birthday but he promised me next year he would turn six again! I guess we'll see!

2 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

I love the answers they give to questions. It is awesome to listen conversations at school or with their friends! Wow, I cannot believe Chase turned 6! Happy April Fools Birthday!

kira said...

What a darling boy! I love the King for a Day idea. PS will you come be the fun mom to my kids? I am pretty sure you get that award forever. I love all your Disneyland trips!