So yesterday I had a series of unfortunate events that I thought I wanted to remember so I a blogging about it!After Chase got home from school we went out for a few errands. We were gone for a few hours-- actually about 5 hours. When I got home around 6pm we fed Tess and just hung out until it was time to start putting Tess to bed (Randy was out of town until today). As I started going upstairs I noticed our front door was open about 3 inches or so. Naturally, I was a little spooked. I definitely thought it could easily have been Chase not shutting it tight-- even though I could've sworn I personally locked it before leaving. Needless to say-- I called my dad who lives across the street to come walk through my house with me and make sure no one is hiding or any windows were unlocked or that even valuables were gone. Once we inspected the premises we decided everything was fine and my dad went home. Later that night after I got Chase to bed I decided to take a warm bath and relax. Then I put on my bedtime robe and went downstairs to lock up and go to bed. But before I locked he garage deadbolt I grabbed a bottled water from the garage. When I turned around to come back inside the door was locked! I was so freaked! Was there someone inside? Did we miss something? Lucky for me I was on the phone with my sister and her family and so I had the phone with me-- but not much else considering I was in my robe only!!! Anyway, I immediately open the garage door and run to the front door to monitor any movement from the windows and called my dad. I asked him if he had locked the knob on the door handle that locks from the outside but not the inside and he said he thought so. Phew-- it wasn't an intruder-- however, I was now officially locked out! My dad came over and tried helping break into windows but they were all securely locked -- which we knew from our earlier inspection. I called Randy to ask if he knew of any hide-a-key, nope. He called his dad and his dad came up to help. After a good half hour of trying everything-- and me freezing-- we called the locksmith (the police will not open for you-- even with kids stuck inside!) About 4 minutes before he arrived Jim finally found a way in! Yay-- however, the locksmith was nearly here and for his trouble he was awarded half of his fee-- $25! Yikes! Anyway, I just think it's funny that one unfortunate thing led to another unfortunate thing and so on! I will say this was an instant where the perks of having family close really paid off! I can only imagine having to knock on my neighbors door for help!

3 comments:
I love that I here about these things on the blog. That is scary but a little bit fiunny too in the fact that you were in your robe. Glad it was all good though.
So funny! Too bad you don't have a doggie door!
You're welcome to come on over anytime. We'll bust in your house for you! I might just slip in my robe too, for good measure.
Post a Comment