Some of our great friends-- The Bott's and The Harrison's.
So we had a fabulous Fourth of July! Randy had the 3rd off so it was a long weekend. We started with a game night Thursday where Randy continued his Ticket to Ride dominance. Thanks Chelsey, Heather, Justin, and Brandon for the fun night!
Friday we were invited to go boating with our friends and had a nice, relaxing day on the lake. This time Chase decided he would swim in the cold lake water. Last time he refused saying it was too cold and that it was too deep. (Little does he know that Utah Lake is not that deep!) HE also went tubing which he LOVED! It was a beautiful day and we really enjoy our trips to the lake. Thank you Harrisons for the invite!
Friday night we had plans with the Harrisons and the Bott's to go up to Sundance and watch the Utah Symphony. They were doing a patriotic theme night and it was so fun! We had a great time with our friends listening to the music and sitting outside in the outdoor amphitheater under the stars! It really made us wan to go to the Sundance summer play in the next month or so! I do have to admit though that I found myself doing a lot of star gawking when Robert Redford made his entrance with his posse. He was sitting pretty close to us so I kept looking over at him to see if he was enjoying himself or not-- he was. How could you not? It was a great date night!
The next day was the 4th and Randy and I woke up early to run the Freedom Run 10k. It was the perfect morning for the 10k. Not too hot and not too cold. I love the Freedom Run. It is mostly on the parade route and there are so many people that it makes for a really fun run. I did, however, witness a dog escape his owners grasp from the leash and tear after a baby deer. He was successful in pouncing on the baby deer but once people got ahold of the dog-- the deer took off. It was so sad/ scary to watch but I must admit it took my mind of the run during that leg.
That afternoon we met at the Randy's family to celebrate the America's. Quincy's, and Chelsey's birthdays! It is a fun tradition to meet and bbq. Have red velvet cake ad raspberry ice cream-- and this year Shell brought Chelsey a "Better Then Almost Anything" cake which was a lovely addition to this tradition we have going on!
Later we had plans to light fireworks and go watch the big Stadium of Fire ones but Chase was exhausted and actually begging to go to bed-- despite our pleas to wake him up-- he was done. So I guess we will save the fireworks we purchased for the 24th of July!
We had a crazy fun weekend that went by in a blink! Time just always seem to go so fast! I hate it! But it was fun regardless and it is always fun to take a day out of year to remember, and honor this great country of ours and all those people who have in the past and currently serve our country. What special people it takes to dedicate their lives for us and I am forever grateful. I love this country and am so blessed to live here.
On a side note completely off the subject-- Chase said the darnedest thing yesterday that I wanted to document. I guess in primary yesterday he was asked to watch everyone to see if they were singing or not and if they sung he was supposed to say yes and if they didn't he was supposed to say no they weren't. So when they were done they asked him if everyone was singing and he said-- "my girlfriend wasn't singing." (He has a friend named Gracie that they say they are each others boyfriend/ girlfriend.) Well this upset Gracie because she insists that she was singing and so she was mad at Chase. She wasn't mad he called her his girlfriend just mad that he told on her because she WAS singing! Too funny!

1 comment:
We were boating on Utah Lake with Terry and Jill, if the lake wasn't so darn big maybe we would have seen you.
Post a Comment