Friday, June 26, 2009

Aloha and Mahalo

































Well, another great Ohran family vacation is in the books! We had an amazing time relaxing, playing, surfing, boogie boarding, eating, laughing, and much much more. We spent 9 fantastical days on the Island of Oahu. Randy and I went out a couple days ahead of the gang so that Randy could see some clients and make it a work trip as well. So we stayed in Waikiki those first days and enjoyed the beach there but really enjoyed the Sheraton Hotel pool the best! Waikiki was fabulous but we were really excited for the group to join us in the North Shore where we spent the rest of the time sunning and surfing.

Highlights of the trip:

  • Haleiwa Shaved Ice-- and yes we did Matsumotos-- even though I think it is a conspiracy that Matsumotos is the best-- they all taste the same to me! Delicious!
  • Ted's Bakery-- even though we have been to Oahu before Ted's was a new discovery for us. Great discovery indeed.
  • The Dole Pineapple Plantation-- everyone knows I love my Disneyland Dole Whip-- well, you can get those here! Yipee!
  • Seeing the lone turtle at Chun's Beach! Chase was thrilled!
  • Trying to ride my first wave-- a total bust-- better luck next time?
  • Eggs 'N Things-- definitely lived up to its billing!
  • Family Pictures at the beach-- can't wait to see them!
  • Dave Nelson losing about everything! Gotta love him!
  • The PCC for Jim's 70th! What a great way to celebrate the patriarch of the family! He is the best!
  • Watching the US Open at 5 in the morning-- and losing my bet that Tiger would win it again! Justin will not let me forget it either!
  • Swimming in our almost private swimming pool!
  • Pounders Beach-- need I say more?
  • Letting Chase boogie board-- he loved it, even after he turfed it pretty hard and we pulled the plug on that idea!
  • Randy would have to say his golf round at Turtle Bay! Set us back a few pennies-- Happy Fathers Day Honey! (You did deserve it-- you are truly the best, I can't believe what an amazing father you are! I am so blessed to be going through this parenthood thing with you!)
  • Chase and Randy getting stung by a jelly fish! (Chase came running up to me yelling "Mom, mom, spray me, spray me! I am getting sun burned while he was crying in pain! So sad, but so cute!)
  • The swap meet-- where I think Dave N set a record by buying 18 t-shirts!
  • And last but not least, the scariest, most horrible moments I have had as a parent when we woke up at 3 in the morning with Chase coughing uncontrollably and not getting air. He wasn't breathing well and I was a wreck! After Chelsey called 911, Dr Shell diagnosed him with croup. We got him outside in the humid, rainy Hawaiian air and by the time the ambulance got there (20 minutes later) he was fine. They told us it was nothing and we mentioned croup and they said no, nothing respiratory. So I was still a little concerned-- especially because that was the day he had had his spill on the boogie board so all I could think of was a punctured lung or something. We decided to still take him to the ER. The doctor there was awesome! Chase loved him because he was a surfer and he was great at answering all my questions and taking his time with us and just making me feel calm about the whole thing! Anyway, many people have had croupy babies before but we haven't and that was no fun! But all is well-- the doctor even told us not to stay inside and go enjoy the rest of our trip-- that he was fine!

Anyway, if you got through this way to go! Thanks to the Ohran family for such a great vacation! We are so spoiled! Love you guys! And can't wait for the next one!





7 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous!! I love Hawaii! Looks like you had a fabulous trip!! Sorry to hear about Chase. When my first got croup it was in the middle of the night too - a little freaky - yes!

Mel said...

So jealous! Looks like a blast! Scary with Chase! I hate that kind of stuff! I can't wait to go experience Hawaii!

Mel said...

So jealous! Looks like a blast! Scary with Chase! I hate that kind of stuff! I can't wait to go experience Hawaii!

Unknown said...

I'm in anytime!! I know the subway system and the shopping spots!

Lewis News said...

I guess I'll just copy that and post it to my blog :) You did a great job of summing up the trip!

A. Schoonie said...

Lucky ducks!!! Sounds like a great trip and always fun to go and hang out with family. Glad that Chase was ok. It's always more scary when you are away from home and it is not the normal hospital and doctors. Glad that it all worked out ok.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie-
I'm so glad you found my blog, I love catching up with pictures! You are so darling I love all your cute pics! Conrats on the Tri-altalon! Quite an acomplishment!
Stacy