Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer So Far







Because Caleb is on next year's student council he had to be in the parade. Chase loved this idea and wanted to walk with them. He had a blast and after the two mile parade was over told us how he walked two miles!! He was excited. (If you notice-- he's in flip flops-- even more impressive right?)












Another fun summer activity for Chase is his lemonade stand! He has been dying for summer to begin so he can open up for business. He and his cousins Griffin and Cooper joined him the other day where they sold lemonade on a busier corner on our street where they made $16! Thanks to all those nice people who are like me and can't resist helping donate to the cute little kids "play" fund!




Tess recently had her 11 month birthday-- I can't believe she is one month away from a year old!!! So-- that being said, I need to update on her 11 month status!


  • She is such a happy, easy going baby-- except when she gets mad-- she has been known to get frustrated and bite! Her two bottom teeth and no other teeth aren't too painful yet but they can pack a mini punch!

  • She has two teeth on the bottom but we are seeing her top two starting to cut through!

  • She takes after Chase and just wants to be a big girl. She prefers sippy cups to bottles and big people food to baby food and milk-- however, we tried to wean her from formula to whole milk and she started to have some issues of digestion and such so we stopped the weaning to giver a tad more time but it looks like we are headed to soy or coconut milk.

  • She is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! She is constantly on the go. She goes up and down stairs and just is a mover and a shaker. She is SUPER close to walking but every time we try to get her to she collapses down to crawl-- she just doesn't dare without our assistance even though she has taken steps and not realized that she can do it!

  • She talks all day long. She talks as if we are understanding her. A few of the words we do understand are Dad and Chase and hi.

  • She loves my make up bag and purse. Her favorite activity is pulling things out of where they go-- lovely!

  • She LOVES it outside. Once Chase left the back door open and as soon as she realized this I was holding her on the couch-- she clamored to get down so she could go right outside!

  • She is soooo much fun! She has changed our lives and we are soooooo in love! We are count ourselves quite lucky in every way!


And finally I need to record a cute conversation I have the other day with Chase...


Me: Chase, you are so caring about others-- maybe you should be a doctor someday.


Chase: Hmmm or maybe I should be something that I want to be like a fireman.


Me: Oh, that's a dangerous job.


Chase: No it's not.


Me: Yes it is, they go into burning buildings- they could get burned.


Chase: The wear their gear.


Randy: Well, sometimes the buildings can collapse on them after burning-- so it can be dangerous that way.


Chase: (after a moment to think) Well, I'll just be the fire fighter that stays in the truck!












2 comments:

Codi said...

I love Chase's logic> I can not believe that Tess is almost 1! There is no way that time has gone by that fast! She is adorable!

Aim Aug said...

That's the cutest lemonade stand I've ever seen, Jami! Who wouldn't stop?!