Well, today would have been my grandpa's 100th birthday! And my grandma's 100th would've been in August. Anyway, I never knew my grandpa-- he had died the year before I was born, but I feel like I knew him. He seemed like an incredible man. He and my grandma did an amazing job with their kids teaching them unconditional love, the importance of family, and the importance of being a good citizen and friend to everyone!!! I must say that I loved my grandma dearly-- it is this grandma who Tess is named after. She was such a cute, funny, loving, supportive women that I hope to be like someday! Since I like to blog for journaling purposes I wanted to share some thoughts I've been reflecting on lately. One of which is how grateful I am to be alive and healthy. I've been truly blessed in my life to have such an amazing life. I love it! My family is the best-- my husband, my kids, my parents, my siblings, my in-laws, my nephews and nieces, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, I could go on and on about all these people in my life who have helped shape me into who I am. They are the best and I hope that they all know how much I love them. I also have the greatest friends. I am a lucky girl to have such good friendships in my life who I care for deeply.I am recording these thoughts because we never know how long we have. Life is short and precious and I am blessed to be here now and while I am here and healthy I am putting my feelings into words. I feel like I am getting older-- granted I am still young but as I watch my kids grow I am realizing how much faster time goes by. I even catch myself doing things my parents did that I thought were so "old"-- things like talk radio!!! I LOVE talk radio, I am usually only listening to talk radio--mostly sports talk with Dan Patrick or Collin Cowherd but I will listen to politics from time to time. I love to grow my garden and beautify my yard, I love to read-- like non stop read-- anyway, the point is I am getting older!
Lastly, I want to share a little something I wrote for my kids to always remember :
May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the light surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young
May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young.
Oh wait... did I say I wrote this? Well, no-- Bob Dylan has already said it best I guess! I love this song and really LOVE the words-- I couldn't have said it better-- this truly would be my wish for my kids! And if you have made it through this really cheesy, probably boring post, thanks for baring with me! Lots of love! Jami

2 comments:
Oh how I wish I could remember Con and I miss Grandma so much. She was such an amazing, inspirational woman. You are very much like Grandma Jami. She would be so proud of Tess! What a great tribute to name her after Grandma.
I think this is a great post! Not cheesy... Silly. I find it's a lot easier to write these things than to say them out loud. Probably why my blog is more like this post than others! Anyway, just a throw-out to say you're pretty awesome!
Post a Comment