
Yesterday, for a family activity-- we decided to decorate a turkey with gratitude feathers. We all added feathers of things we were thankful for and then we put a folder on the wall next to our turkey to add more feathers each day until Thanksgiving! We had so much fun sharing what we are grateful for. When you come to visit you can even add a feather or two!!! (Chase loved this the most--he spent over an hour adding as many feathers as he could-- and one of the first things he did this morning was make one about being grateful for his crane!) (Also-- a quick shout out to Heather for drawing me this amazing turkey! Thanks again!)

Since it is a month to reflect on what we are grateful for I thought I would take a minute to express my thanks to my two kids. First, Tess-- she is such a good baby! She eats and sleeps and plays-- and only fusses when she wants one of those things. She is such a happy baby-- it is not hard to get her to smile. She is an active baby-- she has been rolling for close to a month now and just never stops. She plays with toys and LOVES to talk and tell stories and you will have no problem hearing her because she is soooooo loud! I have even thought she was hearing impaired with how loud she is-- but she seems to hear fine because whenever I talk to her-- even if I am in the other room she seems to just light up. She loves her mom-- but the jury is still out on whether she likes me or her dad better because of her baby babble she seems to say da da da a lot and we think she is definitely calling for her dad! Even though Chase swears her first word is hi! I am so grateful to have a little baby girl I have the best time dressing her up and shopping for her-- she is going to put us in the poor house! Anyway, I am thankful for her addition to our family! We waited a long time but she has been more then worth the wait!

Chase is my little man. He always has been. From the get go he just wanted to be big. He was not a cuddly baby or a baby that wanted bottles-- he was crawling, walking and talking early and it has never stopped. He is a busy body! Always doing something-- even when he watches tv he is either playing with toys as well or making his latest "project" which we have TONS of! I feel like I am constantly buying more paper and tape at Costco because he uses it all up. In fact there are dozens of pictures of his art on display in our house right now (if you look above the turkey picture you can see one of a helicopter). He has such a great imagination. He loves to laugh and play, but right now one of his favorite things is kindergarten! He LOVES school. His favorite things at school are computers and recess and he always gets excited when it his turn to be teachers helper. One thing that I admire about Chase is his determination! One example of this was learning to cross the monkey bars! He tried and tried-- and would fall-- a lot but he finally got it and now he is a whiz at it! He would work on it at recess but would beg us to take him to the playground after school so he could practice some more and show off his hard work! Chase is a good son! He is our little buddy-- he helps with Tess so much and worries about her. One day, after I finished feeding her, he asked, "Did she eat all her four ounces?" and I laughed and said-- "No, just three this time" and he said' "oh Tess-- you need to eat it all!" He is like having another parent around. Other loves right now is making projects, playing store, dinosaur hunting, playing with friends and cousins, playing anything electronic-- but he LOVES an audience with this activity! He loves to read-- and one thing he does that I am impressed with but I am a little biased about-- he writes books-- he draws the pictures and writes the words and staples them together. He can't read but for the words he just sounds it out all by himself-- most of the time they are hard to read but when he reads them to you it totally makes sense. I love how he sounds things out phonetically himself rather then asks me to spell everything out for him. With all the books he writes we'd be there all day! Anyway, Chase is one of the greatest blessings in my life-- and I am incredibly grateful for him in my life! He makes me smile everyday! I am a very blessed girl indeed!
1 comment:
glad you found a turkey. If I knew that was what you wanted I could have brought it home from school. I have a bunch. Anyways, cute idea!!! and I love your little kiddos too!
Post a Comment