Sunday, August 30, 2009

Utah Olympic Park

Every year Xactware has a company Christmas party and a company summer party. This year for the summer party the rented out the Olympic Park. We had never really been there and let's just say Xactware really outdid themselves this year. Here is a picture of us in the sweatshirts we all received getting ready to watch the big finale-- an aerial show performed by past, present, and future Olympians-- emceed by former Olympian Trace Worthington. It was amazing! I must say I was also impressed by Randy's boss he CEO who was invited to try it out and started pretty high up there and worked his speed into a back flip into the pool!
Every year they recognize those who have worked for 5, 10, 15 etc years at the company and since Randy has been there for 5 years he was among those recognized. He got a gift certificate to Nordstrom-- hmmm I wonder what we shall do with that?


Randy and I got to experience the Bobsled. Now that was a thrill! Some intense speed in this tiny box, wedged in between three other people talk about a rush. Just a heads up though-- if you are going to try it out you CAN ride a chair lift up to the entrance of the bobsled-- something Randy and I failed to see so we trekked the entire mountain up-- a great workout just before our huge adrenaline rush!





Chase was bummed he wasn't old enough to try but he made a great super fan!




Surprisingly, this was Chase's favorite part. He got to climb the rock wall and he insisted on doing it several times. The poor worker would have to strap all the equipment on and off of him because every time we passed the climbing station he insisted on doing it again! The quote of the night was him saying, "I LOVE rock climbing!" Not quite sure how I feel about this but the proud mom in me was very happy that every time he tried again he seemed to go higher and higher! I think he would have stayed there all night if we had let him.










Although the rock climbing was his favorite the slide was another treat! He loved doing the slide and got to do it as many times as his heart desired. They also had those blow up jumping tubes for the kids which he extremely enjoyed. Gosh, I cannot say enough about what a great day we had. It was such a fun party to have the chance to go there and have this whole park to do whatever we wanted! We did the extreme zip line as well as an extreme raft where you get to ride a raft down one of the ski tracks-- it was quite steep and quite a rush. Anyway, I highly recommend this place as a fun activity for families! Can't wait to see what's in store for next year!















No comments: