So I am the new Activity Days leader in charge of the 8-9 year old girls. I have to admit I feel like a permanent fixture in the primary (7-10 married years spent there) and now I am on double duty because Randy and I are also in charge of the 5-6 year old CTR class. At first I dreaded both callings and thought I have just been "done" with the primary and didn't have the best attitude with it. But I must say that I am enjoying it and feeling a lot better about things. I guess you just go where you go-- and to be honest it is really not that hard-- it could be much worse. But here is a look at my first activity. We made Spirit Sundays. Basically there is one bowl of ice cream where we put things like ketsup labeled as disobeying or mustard labeled as being mean etc and put it on the ice cream which was labeled as our spirit. Then we made a second one where we put whipped cream and bananas which were labeled pray and modesty etc. Anyway, the girls really liked it and it was a good one to start with-- it only took us like 35 minutes so we brainstormed activity ideas the rest of the time. If you have had this calling or ones like it and have good ideas for activities/ lessons I am all ears!
9 years ago

6 comments:
So fun! What a good idea! You are the perfect person for that calling! No wonder they have had you in so many years!
I think this would be fun calling. Even more so since I have 1, almost 2 girls at this age.
Love the "spirit Sunday" idea! Good luck with the new calling.
Cute idea, you would be a fun leader. I bet the girls love you!
I actually have that same calling right now...I've been in it about 5 months. I also just got called to be the 10 yr. olds teacher too... we'll see how that goes. Some activities we have done are: nature hike, trip to a museum, modesty collage, cleaned the primary/nursery rooms, FHE lesson, that's all I can think of, anyway good luck!
Whoa!!!!.... A black child in Utah, who knew???
Post a Comment