Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Relaxed, Frazzled, Upset, relaxed

I woke up today with a long to do list and just couldn't get the energy up to really cross the items off. However, I did get one very important one off the list and that was to get a pedicure. My sister Brooke and I went to the mall and got ourselves a great little pedi. The chairs at the mall are the greatest massage chairs that on a certain setting just work your knots while they are massaging your feet-- it just doesn't get much better. So after that relaxing hour I run back home to get ready for my second activity with my activity days girls. We were making "prayer rugs" where they got to paint rugs that I had gotten and decorate them all cute. Anyway, long story short there was all sorts of problems that made that hour a crazy, frazzled hour. I will no longer do crafts that include paints-- draw your own conclusions on why! Then as soon as I am done with that I walk into the house only to find that the power is out! I think that has to be one of my top pet peeves. I know these are the times that it is a rude awakening to me to see how hooked I am to all things electric-- tv, computer, phone, microwave! But today in particular I was upset because as you may know So You Think You Can Dance is on and if you aren't aware the season premiere of Project Runway. Without power means no TIVO! Urgh! I was going ballistic thinking I may not get to see my shows! Anyway, around 8:00pm the power was restored so my tivo kicked on catching the last hour of SYTYCD and I did miss PR-- but the good news is Bravo will show the repeat later tonight so I can tivo it then and watch at my convenience later! So all is calm again! What a day!

3 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

Glad you survived your day and that the power came back on:) A house with no power is no fun!

Mel said...

You are so funny, I hate when the power goes out too!

Crystal Star said...

Pedicure- yeah! I got one yesterday too. I took Ella's school teacher to get one together. Missing SYTYCD- argh! Glad you have back up!