Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Great White Way

Randy and I at Yankee Stadium-- we've been to the old so this was our first time at the new! Pretty nice seats, pretty good game-- even though the Yankees won-- overall great time!
View from our seats!



Nice padded chairs!




It did say Yankee Stadium above but the guy we got to take the picture didn't seem to know that that was the point of the picture. We felt bad asking him for another picture!




Yep-- Chris Rock! We happened upon his Broadway Show as it had ended. He was one of the many celebrities we saw this trip. (We saw Jimmy Fallon, Jessica Alba, Rob Reiner, Louis CK, Bebe Newirth, Roger Rees, John Laroquette, and Daniel Radcliff).







I was posing with him for a picture but Randy took too long to get the camera out that he left. I did mention to Chris what a great job he had done in his performance even though I had just left How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying with Harry Potter as the star. I just didn't think Chris would pose with me if he thought I hadn't seen his show!






Ellen's Starlight Diner-- a must! Great food, great atmosphere! So much fun. Your waiters sing and dance for you while they serve you! They are all hopeful Broadway Actors trying to make it big but work there to get some food on the table until their big break!















We stayed at the Renaissance in Times Square. This is the view from our hotel lobby/ continental breakfast-- which we got every morning thanks to Randy's business travel status!
If you look closely you can see a stage built down there which is where we saw Jimmy Fallon and Jessica Alba who were starting the Revlon Women's Race that was that morning! Oh yes and we saw Colby Calet there a few days earlier who was doing some Royal Wedding Special for TLC I think. Crazy!






Walking the Brooklyn Bridge-- this was the last time I would see my phone-- we went to Canal Street after this and I got it stolen. Boo!















The highly recommended Shake Shack! Yummy! We went here twice. Once our first night here and the second time with a girl I met on the plane ride over here. Her name is Stephanie and her boyfriend Don met us for a show and then we went to Shake Shackfor dessert. They were a really lovely couple. We could have talked with them for hours. They were from Long Island and we had a blast getting to know them!





Randy had business back East so I piggy backed my way with him. We left the kids at home and went and had a great time! We saw a few shows (How to Succeed in Business, and Wonderland), we went to the temple and did a session, we ran through Central Park, we saw the Yankees play the White Sox, shopped, ate, slept, and just had a great time being just the two of us. We have not done just the two of us on a trip since before Chase!!! Well worth it! When can we go again???

2 comments:

Mel said...

How fun!!! Just seeing your pictures made me want to go SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!! I'm so jealous! Fun that you got to see celebrities. I can never seem to pick them out! Good eye! That place you stayed looked perfect! When can I go?

Unknown said...

So fun!! I love New York!! The cushy seats at Yankee stadium are a must!! Where is Ellen's Diner? We haven't been there yet and it looks fun!! Glad you had a fun trip!