Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Octoberfest

Pumpkins-- Caleb's then Griffin's, then Chase's-- the Snyder family who also joined us did the ghost pumpkin.
Lance's pumpkin-- this one of course was a huge hit! I think he should send it into the Jazz maybe they'd give him some free tickets or something!

Most of our group-- I am the one holding the pumpkin that looks like a birthday cake with all the lights-- I got the idea from Martha Stewart and needless to say it was a lot more complicated then she made it look! Thanks Randy for your help!











































Dave and his girlfriend Hiedi













Last night we had a Watts family home evening activity that was really fun. My dad made his famous chili-- and it was probably his best batch ever. I made corn bread and sugar cookies-- and everyone brought their own pumpkins to carve for a pumpkin carving contest! According to Chase-- he won-- and I must say he really did an awesome job. Brian cut the top off for him and gutted it but then we had a kid carving set for him and he went to town. He carved the whole thing by himself and he LOVED every minute of it. In fact, since Randy helped me with mine he never carved his and Chase is dying to carve Randy's for him today! He is a proud little boy-- this morning Randy and I were getting ready and we heard the front door open and close-- it was a little freaky because we didn't know that Chase had woken up but the first thing he did this morning was check on his pumpkin! Anyway, the night was a hit-- all our pumpkins were really cute and clever! I couldn't believe the different ones-- they were all unique and really well done! Good job family!













No comments: