

I am falling behind in my blogging-- so here is last weeks actions: We participated in the Race for the Cure in SLC! I think just about everyone was there-- they estimated 20,000 people! So it wasn't really a "race" per say more like a "come-and-walk-for-a-cure" but it was so fun. My amazing aunt Barbara was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago and is in the process of kicking it trash-- but as a family , the Watts (as many as could) all came out to show our support for this cause. It feels like such an insignificant thing but I was glad to be able to share a small moment with her in her battle. We all had hot pink wigs and bright pink t-shirts so you couldn't miss our clan! Anyway, Randy and I made the night out of it-- we took Chase up the night before and went to the Children's Museum, swam in our hotel pool, and just had fun. then we woke up-- "ran" the race then went and had breakfast/ lunch with our group at the Little America. While we were there we saw the Lakers all getting on the team bus to head over for shoot around (they were staying at the Grand America) so Randy and Chase and others ran over to get a closer look and see if we could manage any pictures but sadly the only one that really acknowledged them was Luke Walton. My aunt Bobbie even tried to use the survivor of cancer card to see if Phil would take a picture but he didn't even look up-- just completely ignored! Guess we can all have even more reason to hate them. (Not sure if the Boozer jersey Chase was wearing really helped)! Anyway, we went back and ate a great lunch and had a great time! Thanks to the Kerr's for arranging and inviting-- it was awesome!
BTW: We also saw Wilford Brimley eating at our restaurant-- just a day filled with high profile celebs! he he

2 comments:
You guys looked so great. I can't believe our dads wore those wigs. Bobbi is well loved for sure. We are going to do the one up here on June 6th.
Hey Jami, I'm glad I found your blog. I am so excited that you are going to have a baby. You are so fun and I hope to see you this summer. Great Job racing for the cure, you all looked super cute!
Post a Comment