Monday, January 18, 2010

A Disney Christmas











So for Christmas this year my sisters and I decided to save our money so that we could go to Disneyland on a girls trip in January. We had a blast! My season pass expires at the end of the month so we had to do it before then and we have long heard that the second week in January is the best time to go-- well-- we heard correctly. I had always thought it was an urban legend to be able to "walk on rides" and not only did we walk on rides once-- we did it the whole time. My longest line was for ice cream on Main Street which took maybe 5 minutes. It was awesome. Here are some highlights of our girls trip adventure...
  • While I was waiting with Dre, everyone else rode Tower of Terror and after they finished the ride the guide person said to them, "I have good news--- who wants to ride it again?" So they didn't even have to get off and got to go twice!
  • Walking on at Toy Story Mania and finishing with my personal best--207,400.
  • Brooke peeing her pants at the castle while we were taking pictures (see above photos for proof!)
  • Dre's first ride on Pirates-- not what we had hoped, he cried the entire ride and Brooke forgot to bring his binki. The second time he liked it a lot better.
  • Trying out a new hotel-- the Desert Inn and Suites-- the location was prime but the beds were hard and it was a little noisy, all in all I still prefer the Fairfield.
  • Being "Weather Warned" at the airport on the way home, which meant we may land in Idaho as opposed to SLC and watching Brooke start bawling-- with my mom and Kelli wiping away tears. I guess I had a much better time then they did-- I am still laughing at the dramatic scene at the airport! My sisters and mom were crying while I was laughing at them. And, by the way, we did make it to SLC just a little delayed.
  • Seeing Playboy Bunny turned reality tv star Holly Madison and not letting Brooke ask for her picture with her-- that is rude, right?

All in all it was really fun and I love hanging out with my sisters! And on other news, my odds are going up-- it is now 98.7% girl. CRAZY!!!




2 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

awesome trip! your pictures are all cute:) how exciting that you are most likely having a girl! chase will be such an awesome big brother i am sure.

Mel said...

How fun to do a girl's trip to DLAND!! That is so fun. Excited for you to have a girl! I hope I join you :) Love you!